Request a printed catalogue. We'll mail you a printed catalogue from one of our publishers.
Learning House is committed to protecting the personal information of our customers, employees and other individuals. When you conduct business with Learning House you can be assured that your privacy is protected. We respect your right to control the collection and use and disclosure of your personal information.
Learning House is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. Learning House has implemented the below "Privacy Code" to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) which came into effect January 1, 2004. Learning House respects the privacy of our clients and we are committed to keeping your personal information private, secure, accurate, and confidential.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
• age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type
• opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions
• employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs)
• Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND WHAT WE DO WITH SUCH INFORMATION
We collect and use information about you and your use of our website and our products and services (herein called "Information") to:
• Initiate and maintain a business relationship with you as our customer in connection with our products and services.
• Provide you with personalized services and product offerings by use of direct marketing to our current customer base, as well as new potential customers.
• Comply with any legal requirements or requests due to a legal proceeding.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act utilizes the model code from the Canadian Standards Association(CSA). The code was developed by business, consumers, academics and government under the auspices of the Canadian Standards Association. It lists 10 principles of fair information practices, which form ground rules for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles give individuals control over how their personal information is handled in the private sector. An organization is responsible for the protection of personal information and the fair handling of it at all times, throughout the organization and in dealings with third parties. Care in collecting, using and disclosing personal information is essential to continued consumer confidence and good will.
The Learning House Inc. is a family owned business providing educational resources to schools, home schools, and parents across Canada. In 1994 Harold and Louise House felt led by the Lord to start a business.
Copyright 2023 The Learning House Inc.